Frequently asked questions
We’ve compiled some of the most frequently asked questions.
If you have a question that’s not answered here then please just drop us an email or call us and we’ll be happy to help answer them.
- How can the holidays be offered at such prices?
- Tyrolean Adventures Limited is a small family-run company so we’re able to keep our overheads to the absolute minimum. Phil has also lived in Austria for the past 7 winter seasons, gaining the trust and friendship of many people in the village of Hochfilzen. This means that we’re able to gain superb discounts that are not normally available – which is why we offer very affordable Austria & Italy skiing holidays.
- Why have I not heard of your company?
- We rarely advertise, again to reduce overheads. We mainly depend on ‘word of mouth’ with over 75% of clients returning regularly along with their family or friends.
- Can I book a summer holiday with you?
- Yes! In the summer months, Hochfilzen has an extensive network of well-marked hiking paths, ranging from easy walks on flat terrain to high-alpine mountain tours. Please ring to discuss a summer booking but a typical summer package could include:
- A full day visit to Austria’s highest mountain Grossglockner plus a visit to Saalfelden for shopping therapy on your return to the hotel.
- A visit to Hall and the Swarovski Crystal World.
- A day excursion to Salzburg and Berchtesgaden including the salt mines.
- The 2000m high Wildseeloder can be experienced and a chance to para-scend instead of walking. A BBQ will finish off this day in a local restaurant.
- Live music in the hotel.
- Go-karting for adults and children.
- There’s a regular weekly children’s evening in Fieberbrunn where the entire town provide stalls and stands for the youngsters while adults can enjoy a drink in the outside bars.
Every guest will be given a special pass that gives them free entry to all the swimming complexes in the area, mini zoo, children’s fun-fare, crazy golf and use of ski lifts.
- Do I need Insurance ?
- It is strongly recommended that you get an E111 (available from your local post office). Skiing insurance should also be taken out both for yourself and for others (3rd party liability).
- What is not included in the price?
- Everything for an enjoyable holiday is included in the price ie ski lift pass, ski equipment hire, hotel half board and airport transfer (if applicable). We can arrange ski instruction for as little as £10 a day per person. If you have any questions regarding what’s included please e-mail or give us a call.
- Can I fly-drive?
- We’re totally flexible at Tyrolean Adventures so any aspect of the travel arrangements can be discussed. We can advise you on flights, car rental and even getting a coach from Dover. Just ring or email us for more details.
- Do you cater for all ages?
- Yes, Hochfilzen is very child-friendly and the area is suitable for people of all ages.
- What happens if there is a problem?
- A company representative, normally Phil, will be on hand throughout your holiday. All suggestions or complaints will be listened to and problems will be addressed immediately.
- Is the area suitable for all levels?
- The areas we cover are all excellent for all levels of skier and boarder. St Johan and St Jakob are ideal for the novice whereas the Kiztbuhler Alps, Fieberbrunn and Steinplatte all offer a challenge suitable for all ski abilities.
- Are there group discounts?
- Yes, child and group discounts are available. Please ask for details.
- What parking facilities are there at the hotels?
- Many resorts have parking restrictions and parking charges and in some parking must be booked in advance. It may be possible to take a car into the resort to unload it and leave it on the outskirts.
We look forward to welcoming you this winter!